EXECUTIVE STEERING COMMITTEE
- The AGR Steering Committee consists of the Principal Investigators of the member resources. The Steering Committee develops strategic plans and sets priorities for the Alliance, organizes annual Alliance meetings, and serves as the primary interface with NIH and the Scientific Advisory Board (SAB). The Steering Committee and the Leadership Committee together constitute the AGR Management Team.
- Steering Committee members:
- Carol Bult, Ph.D., chair (MGD; The Jackson Laboratory)
- Paul Sternberg, Ph.D., NIH Point of Contact (Wormbase, GO; Caltech)
- Monte Westerfield, Ph.D. (ZFIN; University of Oregon)
- Michael Cherry, Ph.D. (SGD, GO; Stanford University)
- Paul Thomas, Ph.D. (GO; University of Southern California)
- Suzanna Lewis, M.S. (GO; Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory)
- Judith Blake, Ph.D. (MGD, GO; The Jackson Laboratory)
- Norbert Perrimon, Ph.D. (FlyBase; Harvard University)
- Paul Kersey, Ph.D. (European Bioinformatics Institute)
- Mary Shimoyama, Ph.D. (RGD; Medical College of Wisconsin)
- Thomas Kaufman, Ph.D. (FlyBase; Indiana University)
- The Leadership Committee coordinates activities of the AGR Working Groups for the implementation of AGR work products. The Leadership Committee communicates regularly with the Steering Committee about progress and to clarify priorities. The Steering Committee and the Leadership Committee together constitute the AGR Management Team.
- Leadership Committee members:
- Gail Binkley, M.S. (Stanford University)
- Jeffrey De Pons, B.S. (Medical College of Wisconsin)
- Anne Eagle, M.S. (University of Oregon)
- Stacia Engel, Ph.D. (Stanford University)
- Todd Harris, Ph.D. (Caltech)
- Doug Howe, Ph.D. (University of Oregon)
- Kevin Howe, Ph.D. (European Bioinformatics Institute)
- James Kadin, Ph.D. (The Jackson Laboratory)
- Stan Laulederkind, Ph.D. (Medical College of Wisconsin)
- Chris Mungall, Ph.D. (Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory)
- Joel Richardson, Ph.D. (The Jackson Laboratory)
- Susan Russo-Gelbart (Harvard University)
- Cynthia Smith, Ph.D. (The Jackson Laboratory)
- Jennifer Smith, M.S. (Medical College of Wisconsin)
- Working Groups are small groups led by one or two individuals that are charged with the implementation of specific AGR work products. The teams are comprised of individuals from member projects. A complete list of AGR Working Groups can be found here.
SCIENTIFIC ADVISORY BOARD
- The AGR SAB consists of internationally recognized biologists, clinicians, bioinformaticians, and data scientists. The SAB provides valuable feedback and guidance on AGR priorities and progress.
- AGR SAB members:
- Helen Berman, Ph.D. (Rutgers University)
- Peter Robinson, M.D., M.S. (The Jackson Laboratory)
- Calum MacRae, M.D., Ph.D. (Brigham and Women’s Hospital University)
- Ioannis Xenarios, Ph.D. (Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics)
- Anne Kwitek, Ph.D. (University of Iowa)
- Wayne Frankel, Ph.D. (Columbia University)
- Phil Hieter, Ph.D. (University of British Columbia)
- Shawn Burgess, Ph.D. (National Human Genome Research Institute)
- Brian Oliver, Ph.D. (National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases)
- Gary Bader, Ph.D. (University of Toronto)
- Andrew Chisholm, Ph.D. (University of California, San Diego)
- The AGR BioCurator Team consists of the curatorial staff of the AGR member projects. This Team meets regularly via teleconference to discuss topics related to the curation of complex, heterogeneous biomedical data and to provide feedback on the development of curatorial processes and interfaces for the AGR.
- The AGR Technical Team consists of the technical staff of the AGR member projects. This Team meets regularly via teleconference to discuss topics related to the information technology, software development practices, and architecture needed to build the AGR’s shared modular infrastructure.